Homeland Security Associate Degree Program
Homeland Security Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Provide the students with knowledge and skills of the Homeland Security fields of concentration, including impact upon local communities and society, and organizational structure and operations.
- Display an understanding of contemporary issues affecting national, state, and local community security.
- Present a basic understanding of operational requirements, social and economic impact, and legislative consequences of Homeland Security.
- Emphasize the processes necessary for successful implementation of Homeland Security programs.
- Examine the ethics and responsibilities of professionals in Homeland Security and related fields.
- Prepare for further academic pursuits and careers in public and private sectors.
Additionally, graduates of the Homeland Security program will complete the comprehensive learning outcomes of the General Education components.