Certificate in Histologic Science
The specific admission requirements are outlined below. It is important to note that not all qualified candidates can be offered admission to the Histologic Science program due to the limited number of seats available.
Only students admitted to the Histologic Science program may enroll in HLT courses.
- Complete the application for admission into Goodwin College. Applicants to the Histologic Science program must first meet the requirements for admission and be accepted into Goodwin College.
- Complete the Histologic Science Program Application. An official high school transcript or proof of GED and official college transcripts must accompany this application. A signed attestation that the applicant possesses the ability to perform the tasks as stated in the Essential Functions of a Histotechnician must also be included.
- Complete the required College Placement Evaluations. Applicants must qualify for ENG 099 and college level math, MATH 1xx
- Complete the following prerequisite courses with a "C+" or better:
- Chemistry - High School chemistry (must be within past 5 years) or college equivalent.
- Human Biology or Anatomy & Physiology - High school biology/A&P (must be within past 5 years) or college equivalent
- Once accepted into the program, students must maintain a C+ or better in all required program courses.
- Interview with the Program Director.
- Personal Essay
- For students interested in enrolling into the Hybrid Histologic Science Program, lectures are completed online while the clinical portion of the program is completed on the weekend and/or evening in the student histology laboratory. Students enrolled in the hybrid program will complete their HLT 290 Clinical Practicum requirements in the student laboratory with opportunities to visit enhancement sites throughout the semester.
All required immunizations must be current before the start of the program.