General Studies Associate Degree Program
Upon successful completion of all General Studies program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Express themselves clearly in written, oral and electronic modes of communication using Standard English; read and comprehend information; organize ideas and demonstrate competency in research modes including use of information technology.
- Understand mathematical and scientific principles; apply the scientific method of inquiry in problem solving; demonstrate logical inductive and deductive thinking, as well as qualitative and quantitative reasoning.
- Analyze and synthesize ideas; apply critical thinking skills in professional and personal problem solving; understand and respect a multicultural society.
- Understand the impact of cultural, economic, political and social events on global civilization; have appreciation of diversity and the impact of multiculturalism in the U.S. and around the world.
- Understand and employ opportunities for personal enrichment through their knowledge and appreciation of the humanities, literary, fine and performing arts.
- Experience a variety of elective courses and academic disciplines that contribute to a greater understanding of opportunities that will lead to future education or careers.