Quick Start Guide for New Users
How do I borrow books?
- Your Goodwin College ID is your library card.
- The first time you check out books a staff member might have to set up your account. This only takes a minute or two.
- Loan periods and due dates vary depending on the type of material and class use.
- Renewals and hold requests can be done through your account in the online catalog or over the phone.
How do I access online databases?
- When on campus, all you have to do is click the links in the database list.
When off campus, you will be redirected a Blackboard login screen. Login the way you do for all of your classes.
How do I get help with research?
- Librarians are available to help at all hours that the library is open. Please come in or contact us.
- If you send us an email or text when the library is closed we will respond first thing in the morning on the next day the library is open.
- The librarians have created research and self help guides on many subjects that can get you started.
What if the library doesn't have what I need?
- Items that are not in our collection might be available through interlibrary loan (ILL).
- Go to iCONN and use the second search box, the one that says "Find Books, DVDs and more in CT Libraries".
- If you find an item you wish to request, click "Request This Item" and follow the instructions.
- It usually takes about two weeks from the date of request to arrive. If the material is readily available in a nearby library, it may be available sooner.