The overall goal of General Education at Goodwin College is to create competent, productive problem solvers who appreciate the diversity of our society, maintain inquiring minds, and embrace lifelong learning.
In fulfilling the mission of the college, all students in degree programs must take general education courses within seven competencies: Communications, Computer Literacy, Cultural, Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences, and Writing. Students enrolled in bachelor degree programs are required to take five additional competencies: Advanced Writing, Ethics/Philosophy, Global Studies, Multicultural, and Research. These competencies represent areas of learning which develop students’ knowledge considered essential to be a well-educated person.
- Dr. Diane Sperger, English | 727-6924
- Annjanette Bennar, Academic Skill Development & Computer Literacy | 913-2310
- Amy Beauchemin, GAP Coordinator | 913-2127
- Jason Shea, Math | 913-2086
- Dr. Allan Ballinger, Humanities and Communication | 913-2055
- Dr. Katherine Kalagher, Professional/General Studies | 727-6923
- Dr. Sharon Koch, Department Chair | 913-2144
- Beverly A. Carter, Senior Administrative Assistant | 913-2182
- Christine Thurston, Administrative Assistant | 913-2132
Applicants for employment or general comments or questions may be sent to email@example.com