What Can You Do With a Social Work Degree in CT?

Earning a social work degree in CT is a great way to earn a living helping others and promoting social and economic justice.

There is a growing need in the field of social work for professionals with empathy that inspires transformation. A degree in social work allows you to create a positive impact on individuals and society.

For those who are caregivers—who draw energy from inspiring people to live their best possible lives—then a social work degree is a great way to earn a living while caring for others. A bachelor’s degree in social work leads to career opportunities that serve individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities. And job opportunities are expanding!

Mental health support increases yearly on the national level, creating a need for more social workers in communities, organizations, schools, and home-based support. As the demand for mental health and wraparound support continues to grow, many social service agencies and organizations are implementing specific hiring requirements to fill these critical positions.

At Goodwin College, our social work program uses social theories to develop your understanding of human dynamics and provides you with the skills to become a generalist social work practitioner. Through our program, students prepare to become effective social workers by using strength-based practice skills that build upon the resiliency and self-sufficiency of all client systems. Goodwin’s social work program also prepares students for graduate-level education in an accredited master’s degree program.

A social work degree could lead to a meaningful career as a case manager, community organizer, habilitation specialist, program manager/coordinator, mental health worker, or a number of other positions in social work. Job titles for a generalist social work practitioner include:

  • Case Aides (Case Management Support Staff)
  • Care Coordinator
  • Case Manager
  • Child Development Specialist
  • Family Support Specialist
  • Mental Health Support Worker
  • Residential Care Counselor
  • Substance Abuse Counseling Support Staff

Social workers can also work in a wide variety of settings, including mental health facilities, schools, hospitals, social services agencies, group homes, nursing homes, drug treatment centers, or community health clinics.

Interested in learning more about Goodwin College? Learn more today by calling 888-384-0050 or visiting www.goodwin.edu/learmore. You can also interact with us on Facebook or Twitter!