Next Steps for Accepted International Students
Congratulation on your acceptance to Goodwin College! This is an exciting time and we are here to help you through the process.
Submit Acceptance Deposit
Once a student has received a letter of acceptance, a deposit which indicates intent to enroll should be forward to the Office of Admission. The deposit amount is $500.00 (USD) for a student who plans to live on campus and $300.00 (USD) for a student who plans to live off campus.
You may pay your application fee and/or acceptance deposit by credit card, cashier's check, money order, wire transfer, traveler's check, or though FlyWire, our online payment processing service.
Apply For Your F-1 Visa
Once you receive your I-20, you can begin the visa application process. You must first pay the fee with the I-901 form to the US Department of Homeland Security. This payment and form submission can be completed via mail or the internet. You must arrange your US Consulate interview yourself and have paid this fee at least three business days prior to your appointment.
Make sure to bring all your documents to your Consular appointment. All documents must be in English.
- A copy of your Goodwin College admission letter
- A copy of the photo page of your passport
- Your newly issued I-20
- Proof of payment of your I-901
- Financial documents that prove you can pay for the estimated expenses at Goodwin. To see the amount of money you will need to show for one year of your academic program visit this estimated expenses page. You must be able to pay for your tuition, fees, health insurance, and living expenses while at Goodwin.
See our Visa and Immigration page for more detailed information.
Health Services and Requirements
All international students are required to provide proof of vaccinations in English for our Admissions team. Students can obtain these vaccinations upon arrival and within 30 days of your arrival in the USA. The following vaccines and exams are required from the State of CT for all international students:
- MMR (measles, mumps and rubella)
NOTE: If immunization records are not available, please submit a laboratory report showing immunity to these illnesses.
- Varicella (chickenpox)
NOTE: A second dose of varicella vaccine is now required. For individuals reporting prior natural illness, health care provider verification of illness is necessary.
- Menactra or comparable quadrivalent meningitis vaccine (for students who are residing on campus)
- Physical examination
International students must submit a completed Proof of Immunization Form.
All international students are also required to maintain health insurance coverage provided by Goodwin College. International students can register for health insurance through psiservice.com.