Academic Success Center
Our tutors take an active role in assisting students through the learning process and are available to review criteria for assignments; clarify ideas, text and answer questions about content; help students work through practice problems or assignments that have been submitted for a grade and review old quizzes and exams.
Ultimately, students are responsible for their own assignments. Tutors are here to help but will not complete assignments for you, assist in any take home exams or quizzes that will be submitted for a grade, correct assignments and simply hand them back or guarantee quality of work.
All students are allowed a maximum of 60 minutes per subject. There is currently no limit on the number of appointments a student can make per week; however, appointments for the same subject or course cannot be scheduled back to back.
All tutors are qualified to work with students individually or in groups on particular assignments.
Professional tutors hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and have extensive experience in interacting with students as instructors or in other professional capacities. They help students in mastering concepts and applications of specific courses while integrating effective study and learning strategies, and encourage them to become independent learners.
Peer tutors have successfully completed the courses for which they are providing tutoring services and are advanced in their program of study.
Tutoring is available for but not limited to the following:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Computer Technology
- Time Management
- Study Skills
- Writing/English specializing in essay writing, research paper start to finish, style and writing format and how to research
Tutoring in the Math Lab is available for the following:
Tutoring in related subjects is available upon request.
- Walk-ins are welcome but appointments take priority, so students are strongly encouraged to make an appointment.
- All students are required to sign-in to confirm attendance at the Academic Success Center and Math Lab. Once a student arrives, they must sign-in at the front desk or at the kiosk.
- Students should arrive five minutes early to help with traffic flow. Students will automatically be marked absent if they are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment.
- If a student cannot make it to a scheduled appointment, he or she must cancel the appointment. They can log into TutorTrac or contact the Academic Success Center to cancel, reschedule or review appointments.
- If an appointment is missed without cancelling, students will be notified by e-mail and at their next TutorTrac log-in. Students must contact the Academic Success Center to discuss their missed appointment.
- Students should come to each session ready to work and prepared with their syllabus, assignments, textbooks, notes and writing utensils.